Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a comprehensive 8-week introduction to the art of mindfulness
Modeled on the work of Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the UMass Medical Center, this program is more than just relaxation techniques. It’s a structured and supportive program to learn a different way of being. You’ll learn how to step out of self-imposed limits and flow more easily with the way things are.
Mindfulness in Schools is growing in popularity due to the amazing results that it produces both for teachers who take the training and students.
In this course you’ll learn how to
- be present – for yourself and others
- strengthen focus, calm, and mental flexibility
- shift self-defeating habits and thoughts
- work with difficult emotions without getting overwhelmed
- build resilience for facing personal challenges
- cultivate patience and self-compassion
- develop empathy and effective communications with others
- reconnect with an appreciation for the simple things in life
- 8 weekly in-person classes (1 1/2 – 2 hours each) and a half day session on a weekend day
- instruction in mindfulness meditation, yoga, and body awareness
- group discussions to support making mindfulness a part of daily living
- homework exercises to build awareness throughout your day